Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A City of Forest Lake Garbage and Waste Materials License is required for all persons, corporations or other entities engaging in the business of collecting refuse, recyclables, or demolition and construction waste within the City of Forest Lake. Chapter 50 of the City of Forest Lake City Codes regulates the requirements of the Garbage and Waste Material License.
Licenses are to be renewed annually
To apply for Garbage and Waste Materials License please submit the following completed documents:
The cost of a Garbage and Waste Materials License is $50.00. A payment link will be emailed to the email address provided on the form.
Describe the services offered and the frequency of collection.
Provide a list of charges for the services offered (an attachment may be uploaded).
No license shall be issued until the applicant files with the city a current policy of public liability insurance covering vehicles to be used by the applicant in the licensed business. The limits of the insurance shall be not less than $500,000.00 against liability for bodily injuries or death for each person; not less than $1,500,000.00 against liability for bodily injuries or death to more than one person from accident and not less than $500,000.00 against liability for damage or destruction of property.
Attach a copy of your current insurance policy
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
Data is requested from the applicant on various forms. The purpose and intended use of the requested data is to verify the applicant meets all state statute and city code provisions and, if the license or permit is approved, to verify that all required data remains current.
The following data collected, created, or maintained is classified under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act as Private data until license approval when the data becomes Public: (13.41, Subd. 4).
1. Data submitted by applicants (other than names and designated addresses).
2. Orders for hearing and findings of fact.
3. Conclusions of law and specification of the final disciplinary action contained in the record of the disciplinary action.
4. Entire record concerning the disciplinary proceeding.
5. License numbers.
6. License status.
The following data collected, created, or maintained is classified as Private: (13.41, Subd. 2).
1. The identity of complainants who have made reports concerning licenses or applicants which appear in inactive complaint data unless the complainant consents to the disclosure.
2. The nature or content of unsubstantiated complaints when the information is not maintained in anticipation of legal action.
3. Inactive investigative data relating to violations of statutes or rules.
4. The record of any disciplinary proceeding except as limited by Subd. 4.
The following data collected, created, or maintained is classified as Confidential: (13.41, Subd. 3).
1. Active investigative data relating to the investigation of complaints against any license.
Under law, private data may be shared with licensing and inspection employees, approval authorities, insurance providers, law enforcement employees, contracted inspection officials, as required by court order and City officials who have a bona fide need for it. The City of Forest Lake may make any data classified as private or confidential accessible to an appropriate person or agency if the licensing agency determines that failure to make the data accessible is likely to create a clear and present danger to public health or safety.
We ask that you complete or provide all data requested on the application form(s) unless we have noted that it is not required. Refusal to supply required information may mean that your application cannot be processed.
Download a copy of the City's Tennessen Warning.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field